Monday, January 18, 2010

Subway Kindness

Yup, here's my order. Yup, here's the girlfriend's order.

Oh, going to take the kid's order behind me? Eh, whatever. I see you're the only one working at Subway tonight. Do your little thing.

The guy ordering behind us was dressed like a punk. The fucking nicest punk I've ever met. "Yes." "Please." "Thank you." "Ma'am." Yup, that does it. I'm buying this guy's dinner.

She meets us at the counter.

"Would you like the combo meals?"

"No, I'm good with the sandwich. She wants chips too. Oh, and I want to buy this guy's sandwich. Hey man, that cool? You want the meal combo, or just the sandwich?"

"uh, uh. Oh man, just the sandwich. Thanks!"

"Sure man."

He smiled. I payed. That was that. Dunno if I made his day any better, he might have been worth a lot of money and just dressed like that for style.

But doing it fucking made my day. Random act of kindness... I do that shit for selfish reasons. Makes me feel human.

No comments:

Post a Comment